The pursuit of knowledge is a fundamental human right. As is access to cheap, cold, delicious beer!
Science and Beers is a relaxed public lecture series.
We cover a broad range of subjects, from quantum physics to politics, music and mathematics. Each event has one guest speaker who will present their specialist subject. Each talk is followed by a chat over a beer or two.
We encourage you to try a talk outside your study subject or comfortzone :)
Our line up:
- October 12th - Dr. Sebastian Hofferberth on "Photon Lego - building light quantum by quantum"
October 26th - Dr. Daniel Mills on "The Noosphere: The Next Phase of Earth's Evolution"
- November 2nd - Dr. Lilian Skytte with "A tale about dead things (bones and scrolls)"
- November 9th - Dr Bjarne Toft on "Nonsense, mathematics and Alice"
- November 16th - Dr Heidi Rzehak on "Looking through the Higgs window for new physics"
- November 23rd - Dr Cynthia Grund on "Philosophy in the Concert Hall: Pianists, their Avatars and the Audience."
- November 30th Dr.Philip Hallenborg on "The Terrifying DNA"
Happy hour on Odense pilsner and classic is every Friday from 3pm. We will introduce special craft beers each week to compliment each talk.
These events are open to everyone. Free entrance!